Is Your Smile Holding You Back? Not a Fan of Braces? Let’s Fix It and Nobody has to Know!
What are the steps of Invisalign therapy?
Once we confirm that you are a good candidate, we scan your teeth with our iTero 3D scanner which recreates a three-dimensional model of your teeth in a matter of minutes. Subsequently, we will be able to demonstrate to you what your teeth will look like after we finish your treatment. After that, our board-certified orthodontists will design a plan to achieve the best outcome possible.
On your second visit, we bond attachments, which are small tooth-colored bumps that assist in tooth movement. During treatment, we usually deliver eight sets of aligners at a time. Consequently, office visits are typically once every two months. During these visits, we will monitor your progress and confirm that your teeth are moving as planned. Subsequently, we give you the next set of aligners. Finally, once we finish treatment, we polish your teeth and place retainers to maintain the results.
Frequently asked questions about Invisalign:
1. How does Invisalign work?
2. Is it as effective as traditional braces?
In the vast majority of cases yes it is. However, that only a rather experienced and specialized orthodontist is able to treat complex cases with Invisalign
3. Is it painful?
Because your teeth are moving, a little bit of discomfort or soreness is not unusual but they are less painful than traditional braces
4. How often do I switch my aligners?
Once every 7 to 14 days depending on a lot of factors. Age and type of tooth movement, for example.
5. Does this mean I have to visit the office every one to two weeks?
No! We will give you 8-12 sets of aligners on each visit. As a result, your office visits are once every 2-3 months
6. When do I take them off?
Because aligners can stain your teeth if you eat or drink while wearing them, you should remove your aligners to brush, eat or drink anything other than water
7. What if I lose them or they get damaged?
Replacement is easy and quick so this shouldn’t be a concern!
8. Do aligners stain or discolor?
During treatment, ou will switch aligners every few days, as a result, aligner staining is a minor issue
9. Can it be used to treat children?
Certainly! Invisalign can be used to treat children as young as 7 years old and is also a popular option to treat teenagers.
10. My child has an overbite. Can it be used to correct it?
Invisalign with Mandibular Advancement is also a great option to correct bite problems
11. Are there different types or tiers of Invisalign?
Because not all cases are created equal, there are different types and tiers of depending on the severity of the case being treated. Please see below for more details or book your complimentary consultation to find out if Invisalign is right for you.
Some children may benefit from splitting orthodontic treatment into two stages, often referred to as two-phase orthodontic treatment. Usually, the first stage of treatment (Phase I) traditionally utilizes metal brackets and other appliances. Likewise, Invisalign First provides an alternative to traditional treatment using clear aligners instead. Most noteworthy, the use of clear aligners in children has many advantages.
Benefits of Invisalign First:
- Aligners are probably more comfortable and easier to clean than traditional braces
- Can be used to treat a number of problems including crowding and bite problems
- No dietary restrictions
- Easier and shorter second phase of treatment
This is probably the most comprehensive and most recommended option at our office. Because it offers an unlimited number of aligners, it is therefore the best option for moderate to major corrections.
Benefits of Invisalign Full:
- Unlimited number of aligners allows major tooth movement
- Additional aligners can be ordered within a 5-year time frame which can be very helpful if there's relapse
- Better treatment outcome than Express and Lite
Invisalign Lite Package
Lite package offers 14 aligners which can be used to treat mild to moderate cases.
Benefits of Invisalign Lite:
- Less expensive than Invisalign Full
- Offers more aligners (more correction) than Express
- Allows the use of additional aligners if necessary
Typically used for mild cases requiring minor tooth movement. Therefore, it can also be used to address minor relapse cases.
Types of the Express Option:
- Express 5 (very mild cases)
- Invisalign Express Package (relapse to mild)
- Express 10 (mild treatment)
Our consultations are complimentaryBook Now
Discover more services
Do you have a graduation or a wedding coming up soon and wish to finish your orthodontic treatment faster? Accelerated orthodontics may be the answer!
It’s not just about teeth, it’s also about your smile! We’ll tell you all you need to know about your smile & what can be done to make it better. Our consultations are thorough and evidence based.
From orthodontic screening at age 7 to interceptive treatment or Phase I orthodontic treatment; your child’s orthodontic needs are well taken care of. We specialize in child braces and orthodontics.