Chicago’s Trusted Diamond Plus Invisalign Orthodontist – Clarendon Hills, IL
Improving the smiles of around 400 patients every year is what we do. And the discreet, convenient, and modern Invisalign system is just one of the ways we do it.
Welcome to Band & Wire, the #1 Diamond Plus provider of the Invisalign system. We serve all local areas based in Chicago’s west suburbs, including Clarendon Hills, IL, Hinsdale, Willowbrook, Downers Grove, Western Springs, and more. Our dental team is renowned for its state-of-the-art technology and top-of-the-line facility amenities.
Led by practicing dentists and board-certified orthodontists, Dr. Ramzi Daibis, DDS, MS, and his wife, Dr. Tamara Oweis, DDS, MS, the dental experts at Band & Wire begin with a highly-personalized, individual treatment plan to make sure every single one of our patients achieves what we promise:
Better smiles and changed lives.
Currently, 1 in 5 adults who need orthodontic treatment for their dream smile turns to the Invisalign system as a highly effective alternative to traditional metal braces. And it’s not just popular because it’s more discreet — time and again, Invisalign is proven to work. Over 12 million adults and 3 million teens have benefitted from the Invisalign system, with zero discomfort and total control.
So how does Invisalign work to correct crooked teeth, and is this removable aligner option right for you? Before you book a Smile Consultation with us, learn more about the ins and outs of the Invisalign system for your teeth.
What Is Invisalign and How Is It Different from Traditional Braces?
Imagine wearing an invisible aligner that you can take off while eating and still achieve straight teeth. Or seeing your smile transform in months without actually having to see braces in your mouth.
After 20 years of progressive research, the technology and science behind Invisalign therapy make it the perfect solution for malocclusions — otherwise known as misaligned teeth.
Here’s how it works:
- Our Clarendon Hills, IL dental team starts with a simple scan of your mouth where we mark the placement of your teeth.
- Next, we calculate the right amount of force to move your teeth, step-by-step, so there’s no unnecessary pain or hassle. Every shift in your teeth is planned from beginning to end.
- Next, we bring that digital roadmap to life, using 3D printing to create your custom aligners.
- You’ll wear these custom-made aligners for anywhere between 20 to 22 hours a day. Yes, they’re removable, so you can (and should) take them off to eat. However, you should store them in trays and refit them when you’re ready. The longer you wear your aligners, the more consistent and solid your results.
- You’ll swap out your aligners with a new set every two weeks or so. You’ll come into our Clarendon Hills office for quick check-ups with your dentist and receive your next set.
As a service, Invisalign fixes some of the major setbacks of metal braces, including aesthetics, the potential for discomfort, eating issues, and more. However, as an orthodontic treatment, these clear and removable aligners achieve the same outcome a patient is looking for without the added worry and stress.
Experiencing the Invisalign Treatment Process at Band & Wire
Just like the stepwise method of Invisalign, the team at Band & Wire structures your orthodontics treatment progressively. But the details are where you’ll value our premier, patient-focused approach:
On Your 1st Visit
- We do not use molds — instead, we’ll conduct a teeth scan with an iTero 3D scanner, recreating a 3D model of the patient’s teeth. This cutting-edge technology captures the shape of a patient’s teeth in minutes and shows you what your ideal smile looks like once your teeth are straight.
- We’ll walk you through the treatment steps and design your custom plan in consultation with our board-certified orthodontists, Dr. Daibis, Dr. Oweis, or Dr. Lee.
On Your 2nd Visit
- It’s time to initiate your Invisalign treatment. At this point, we’ll get you fitted with your first set of aligners, walk you through every step of wearing, removing, and living with these new additions, and answer any questions you have. Load us up with questions about how to care for your teeth, brush, floss, eat, drink, and anything else you’re concerned about!
- You’ll also head home with your first sets of aligners (the total number needed will vary based on the patient).
- You’ll visit every 3-4 months to monitor and review progress. Doctors will ensure that your teeth are moving as planned or determine if any adjustments are needed.
- Your Invisalign treatment progress may also require you to order more sets of aligners as needed.
- Once your treatment is over, our dental experts will polish your teeth, and you’ll receive Invisalign retainers to maintain results.
What are the Advantages of Invisalign Clear Aligners Compared to Traditional Braces?
Invisible and Progressive
The strength of the Invisalign system comes from two key aspects: It’s “invisible” in every sense of the word, so you won’t hate wearing them or hesitate to talk or smile normally. And it’s progressive, so the removable aligners improve dental alignment in iterations consistently and steadily.
Comfort and Control
Another significant way Invisalign aligners differ from metal braces is that it offers you a level of control and customization. You’ll work with our expert, friendly orthodontics team for your treatment process and results — Invisalign simply follows our prescription to make your aligners.
We use precision trimming for the aligner, so there’s no risk of it cutting or hurting your gums. While some initial soreness or discomfort of teeth is normal, the soft, plastic aligners and brackets won’t exert the same kind of force as metal. And only Invisalign’s clear aligners are made with SmartTrack® material, developed by biomechanical engineers to specifically apply a gentle, constant force for comfortable and predictable movement of teeth.
Is Invisalign Right For You?
While they’re a popular treatment option for malocclusions, Invisalign works best for candidates who are willing to work with it. And though each case does differ (which is why it’s best to start with a consultation), there are some general or “ideal” factors a good candidate for Invisalign demonstrates:
- You have a mild to moderate misalignment (though we’re able to treat severe cases as well)
- You’re concerned about the appearance of braces
- You’re concerned about maintaining oral hygiene when dealing with braces
- You could benefit from a shorter treatment time than braces
- You’re willing to wear clear aligners for at least 20 to 22 hours a day
The responsibility and dedication that the Invisalign system requires does make it ideal for adults, but there are plenty of teens who are able to commit to this treatment plan — especially when supported by their family. Additionally, our expert orthodontists are able to work with extraction cases and treat patients as young as 7 years old, even with baby teeth present.
One of the most common questions our Clarendon Hills patients ask is, “Does Invisalign work in severe cases?” Essentially, they want to know about the effectiveness of Invisalign braces versus regular braces.
For most teens and adults, Invisalign fixes their dental problems. Commons issues Invisalign addresses include:
- Gaps between teeth
- Crowded or misaligned teeth
- Misalignment and uneven smiles
Invisalign has also developed an amazing technology called Mandibular Advancement, which effectively corrects overbite problems in growing children. At Band & Wire, we’re the first providers in Clarendon Hills to implement and utilize this technology to treat children with overbites.
How Do I Choose the Best Invisalign Provider?
If you’re looking for the best Invisalign providers, you’ll need to zero in on two aspects:
Experience and Expertise.
First, you should look for expertise showcased through the volume of Invisalign work completed yearly. It means that your provider has experience with the detailed and customized nature of Invisalign treatment solutions.
To demonstrate and prove this, the orthodontics provider should hold a Gold Plus or Platinum Provider designation because they have to have completed work on a certain number of (certified) Invisalign patients per year. Band & Wire holds the distinction of being a Diamond Plus Invisalign provider — not only is it the highest level designation a provider can earn, it means we’ve completed the most number of successful Invisalign cases.
This touches on experience, of course, but another aspect is your experience during the in-office consultation and treatment walk-through.
At Band & Wire, we take the time to listen to our patients’ concerns and problems, creating treatment plans that match their needs and schedules. We’re a lower-volume practice with intention: Rather than a revolving door, we build long-term relationships with our patients. Ultimately, we ensure that the vision of your ideal smile you’ve locked away in your imagination for years is something you can actually achieve and experience — for the rest of your life.
Our bright and warm offices also utilize high-end technology, materials, and equipment. It’s why we can provide such thorough and custom treatment plans and options that can accelerate your results and make them permanent. From our friendly and welcoming “Smile Team” members to our knowledgeable and professional orthodontists, your Band & Wire experience will be unlike any other.
If you live in Hinsdale or Clarendon Hills, book a free orthodontics consultation with us today. We also serve the Downers Grove, Westmont, Oak Brook, Western Springs, Willowbrook, Burr Ridge, and La Grange communities for your additional convenience.
Some children may benefit from splitting orthodontic treatment into two stages, often referred to as two-phase orthodontic treatment. Usually, the first stage of treatment (Phase I) traditionally utilizes metal brackets and other appliances. Likewise, Invisalign First provides an alternative to traditional treatment using clear aligners instead. Most noteworthy, the use of clear aligners in children has many advantages.
Benefits of Invisalign First
- Aligners are probably more comfortable and easier to clean than traditional braces
- Can be used to treat a number of problems including crowding and bite problems
- No dietary restrictions
- Easier and shorter second phase of treatment
Orthodontic Consultations are freeBook Now
Discover more services
Tongue Tie and Lip Tie Release
We offer services to resolve tongue tie or lip tie for children and teens through precision laser surgery.
Solea Laser Dentistry
Solea is a revolutionary technology that completely changes how dentists work on patients. Patients no longer have to worry about anesthesia.
Specialized pediatric dental care, dedicated to treating children from infancy until adolescence.